A roof is a vital part of any home. Now and then, a strong gust of wind will whip through your house or office and leave damage in its wake. Detecting roof damage before it requires expensive roof repair is critical to the long-term care of your home.
Roof damage is a common problem that leads to increased structural issues within a building. The sooner you can address roof damage, the easier you can rectify it. No matter the type of roofing material on your property, some telltale signs indicate when something might not be right with your rooftop.
Signs To Look For
The roof protects your home and the things that matter most to you. Shingles can wear out when exposed to the elements and are not properly maintained. With rain, snow, wind, and more, roofs experience a lot of damage over time. Here are some things to look out for depending on the type of roof you have:
Slate, Tile, or Shake Roofs
– Cracking on the roof tiles. Broken tiles that leave a hole in the roof surface indicate damage to your roof.
– Missing pebbles or clay granules from under shingles can be one indicator of an issue with your slate, tile, or shake roofs.
– Lifting or curling shingles is another sign of trouble for these types of surfaces. Slate tile roofs don’t require as much upkeep as other types, but it’s always best to check them out twice per year – once during winter and summer.
– Check the roof valleys for proper drainage and correct flashing installation.
Tar & Gravel Roofs
– Look out for broken or missing tar paper, as this is an essential part of a tar and gravel roofing system (and can lead to leaks). It would be best if you also were on the lookout for water damage, which will often appear as black spots on the roof’s surface.
– Another sign that there might be something wrong with your tar and gravel roof is if you see any bald patches. Without protection, that section of your roof will quickly deteriorate. Regular maintenance is key to stopping this from happening.
– If you notice any cracking, popping, or flaking in the asphalt shingles, then it’s time for roof repair (benefit).
Steps To Take
There are many more common rooftop issues that homeowners should be aware of when looking out for signs of damage on their roofs. By being proactive and checking for these issues regularly, you can save yourself time (and money) down the road.
It’s also important to remember that not all roof damage is visible from the ground. That’s why it’s always a good idea to have your roof inspected by a professional at least once a year. They will be able to tell if there are any hidden problems with your roof that need attention, and they might even recommend some preventative maintenance measures to avoid having to get a complete roof restoration.
Call A Professional
Ugly Roof, located in Pittsburgh, PA, can help you spot and care for any roof damage. There’s no need to keep searching for “roof rejuvenation,” “roof inspection near me,” or “roof repair near me.” Our team of professionals is well-versed in every type of roofing system. We can spot any damage easily, providing cost and time-effective solutions. Don’t hesitate to reach out to get a free estimate.
REACH OUT NOW